My CV in pdf can be found here.
Researcher working on big data driven large-scale Cloud management.
- Ph.D. Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh PA
- Ph.D. Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
- M.S. Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh PA
- M.S. School of Electrical and Information Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an, China
- B.S. (with University Honor) School of Electrical and Information Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an, China
- Python, Go, Matlab, Django, D3.js, Node.js, Java, C, C++, Perl, Shell
- Google Cloud, AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, Rackspace, Kubernetes, Docker, Hadoop, Spark
- 2017-now: Research Staff Member, IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY
- Container Cloud Platform
- 2010-2017: Ph.D., Carnegie Mellon University
- Dissertation: QoE based Management and Control for Large-scale VoD system in the Cloud
- Advisors: Prof. Hyong Kim, Prof. Ricardo Morla
- Chen Wang, Hyong Kim, Touchdown on the Cloud: The impact of the Super Bowl on Cloud , IEEE BIGDATASERVICE, San Francisco East Bay, California, April 2019.
- Mehmet F. Aktaş, Chen Wang, Alaa Youssef, Malgorzata Steinder, Resource Profile Advisor for Containers in Cognitive Platform (Poster), ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing, Carlsbad, California, October 2018.
- Chen Wang, Andal Jayaseelan, Hyong Kim, Comparing Cloud Content Delivery Networks for Adaptive Video Streaming, IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing (IEEE CLOUD), San Francisco, July 2018.
- Chen Wang, Hyong Kim, Ricardo Morla, Identifying Persistent and Recurrent QoE Anomalies for DASH streaming in the Cloud, IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science (CloudCom), Hong Kong, December, 2017.
- Chen Wang, Hyong Kim, Ricardo Morla, QWatch: Detecting and Locating QoE anomaly for VoD in the Cloud, IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science (CloudCom), Luxembourg, December 2016.
- Chen Wang, Hyong Kim, Ricardo Morla, Users Know Better: A QoE based Adaptive Control System for VoD in the Cloud, IEEE Global Communication Conference (GLOBECOM), San Diego, December 2015.
- Chen Wang, Hyong Kim, Ricardo Morla, QoE Driven Server Selection for VoD in the Cloud, IEEE 8th International Conference on Cloud Computing (IEEE CLOUD), New York, July 2015.
- Nan Nan, Guizhong Liu, Chen Wang, A BoF model based CBCD system using hierarchical indexing and feature similarity constraints, ACM Second International Conference on Internet Multimedia Computing and Service (ICIMCS), Harbin, December, 2010
- 2017: Accenture Tech Labs
- 2016: IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center
Awards and supporting information
- AWS Cloud Credits for Research, 2017
- Microsoft Azure for Research Award, 2016
- NSF Graduate Student Travel Grant, 2015, IEEE GLOBECOM
- CMU - Portugal Program Ph.D. Fellowship, 2010-2015
- Reviewer for IEEE Transaction on Service Computing (2018)
- Reviewer for IEEE BIGDATA Congress (2018)
- Program Commitee for IEEE FOURTH INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON CONTAINER TECHNOLOGIES AND CONTAINER CLOUDS (WoC 2018)
- Reviewer for IEEE Transaction on Cloud Computing (2016 - 2018)
- 11th International Conference on Queueing Theory and Network Applications (QTNA 2016)
- IEEE Symposium on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ISIEA 2012)